What Are the Most Important/Essential Flagpole Accessories?
When it comes to flagpoles, there are endless possibilities. Many people focus on the height, material, and color of their pole. While these elements are important, do not forget the accessories! The accessories are what make your flagpole unique and tailored to your home or business.
If you’ve never owned a flagpole before, it can seem overwhelming. But there’s no need to worry. We are here to help! Let’s go over the most common flagpole accessories.
- Brackets - This is an essential component for those who purchase an outrigger flagpole, such as the 5 or 6ft poles that come off a homeowner’s front porch. The bracket is required to attach the pole to your home or building. There are many styles available, including adjustable brackets, two-way brackets, or fixed brackets.
- Ornaments – Technically called finials, the most common ornaments are gold and silver balls. However, there are other options to choose from, including eagles, crosses, and more. Ornaments are a great way to highlight your individual style, so do not be afraid to get creative!
- Flash Collars - This accessory sits at the bottom of the flagpole and creates a finished look. They come standard on all fiberglass and aluminum flagpoles, ensuring that the flagpole’s foundation is hidden and out of sight.
- Halyard – Most commonly called rope, halyard comes in different thicknesses and colors to match the type of flagpole you have. It is important to replace this halyard every 5 to 6 years, and to maintain it regularly by raising and lowering your flag.
- Snaps – Commonly called hooks, snaps are essential for attaching the flag to the halyard. Depending on the flagpole you order, snaps come in either nylon, brass, or stainless steel. If your flagpole is subjected to extreme weather conditions, we suggest using stainless steel as it’s the most durable and weather resistent.
Give us a call for all your flagpole needs, including but not limited to flagpole installation in New Brunswick, NJ.